Saturday, April 25, 2009

A day in the life...

A few of my Mommy Blogger friends decide to "challenge" ourselves to a post about "A Day in the Life." Here is a snapshot of one day for us. I must admit, the day was an ideal day as Isaac did not have one single meltdown, and the children didn't fight. So maybe I will update the post with those pics because that is really "A Day in the Life".







Good Morning!! First thing in the AM is usually Isaac's time with mommy, but Jaz actually woke up first. I made her some toast and let her break the golden rule of no food in the living room. She felt very special!

Then the prince awoke and invaded Jazmine!

Every day usually has a tent in it somewhere...Thursday it was first thing in the morning.


After playing with the tent, it was time to get dressed. Jazmine was first up. Here they are playing while I gather clothes for Isaac. (And by this time they were already sick of the camera, so they thought it was funny to freak mommy out with fingers in their nose!! YUCK!)

Every day would not be complete without a million hugs for each other...

Jazmine suddenly decided today was the day to get rid of bottles, so she wanted to head to WalMart to buy their new special night night cups I had talked about. Here they are in the car on the way. We also had a few other errands to run. (Oh, and I was serious about Jaz being done with the camera)


Quick stop at Rite Aid to drop off Daddy's prescription...

Now it's on the way into WalMart for our new sippies!!

Choosing cups was not very easy! With so many to choose from, we were in the aisle for almost a half hour.


Stopping back off at RiteAid to pick up Daddy's prescription, they were so excited there was no way they were leaving their new cups in the car!

Exhaustion got the best of Isaac in the car

Once home, I put him in my bed so Jaz could play in her room if she wanted.

While I was making Jazmine her lunch, she wanted to help put all the shoes away!

Poor girl had to eat lunch without her partner in crime...something that doesn't happen often. Turkey, cheese, and crackers for my picky eater.

As soon as lunch was over she wanted to pack up all the bottles in the house to give away "To babies who don't have bottles" since she now had her new sippy!

Then while Mommy did dishes, Jaz was playing. As soon as I got the camera in my hand again, she was running back and forth trying to hide...


Isaac wakes up and is of course starving!! Look at him stuff his face. He is obviously a food deprived child!


After Isaac is done, Mom goes back to trying to finish the kitchen and I realize the children are way too quiet....I open their door to find this....and Jazmine proudly telling me they were getting ready to take their baths in their wagons...

Since Mom put the kabosh on the "bath" in the bedroom, the kitchen turned into the fun place to play.



Dinner time was another adventure, when I allowed regular glasses of water and not sippies...

A little more playing after dinner...

Evening is winding down now, and it's time to clean up our mess before bath time. (That would be the REAL bath time that happens in the bathroom, not the bath time that appears to happen in wagons and school busses.) Here is "before" (which Jazmine was sure to point out to me...Mommy, don't worry, it's practically clean!)



Here is an "after"

And this is what happened when I tried to take a pic of the children actually cleaning...I got Jaz in the middle of running, but Isaac made it safely away.

Okay, it's finally bath time!

Enjoying an after bath treat of a mini-lolipop

Tucked in to bed with our new night night sippies and NO bottles...

Silly Mommy trying to get a pic of their door closed to end this blog post with, when just as I push the button on the camera, little man tries to sneak out!

Finally, after 47 mins of putting them back in bed over and over and over, they are OUT! Phew!! Now Mommy can relax!



3 comments:

We 5 Peas said...

Awww, Jenn, I had a huge smile the entire post, seriously!! I laughed out loud at the fingers in the nose and the bath in the bedroom. That's hilarious!! They are so cute and funny! And I love the last picture of them passed out together. How sweet. Oh, and YAYYY for no bottles! You're doing good, mommy! :)

Braiden and his family said...

Awww....what a nice quiet day!!! I SWEAR tomorrow I am going to try mine! I love the last pictures of them!!!

Mom said...

They are the most precious and wonderful children in the world (well plus my other two grandchildren). I love you honey - you are a fantastic mom and I could not be prouder of you!!! Love you Mom