"I made Jesus my boss".... that is the phrase that the children at Vacation Bible School have been using when they accept Jesus into their hearts/lives. That is also the phrase that my two wonderful adorable babies rushed up to a microphone in front of a room full of VBS students and teachers and spoke for everyone.
When I heard that today as I went to pick them up, my heart overflowed and I got tears in my eyes. I was so proud of them. They are shaping up into such Jesus loving children that I can't contain the joy it brings me. They are truly starting to "get it". And I can see the changes in them already just from what they have learned these past two weeks. One of the best things is to hear them talk about what they learned.
They will gladly tell you about the mean Pharaoh keeping all God's people and how a whole bunch of bad stuff had to happen before the Pharaoh finally let Moses lead God's people away. The speak of the water splitting open so everyone could walk through. They tell me stories of all the people who love God with their whole heart putting blood above their doorways, and the people who didn't love God didn't do it and the angels came down and took their children to Heaven. And the mommy's and daddy's wouldn't get to see them again because they didn't love God and didn't put the blood above their doors. And they talk of how Jesus died so we didn't have to. They tell me how he wore a crown of thorns and had nails piercing his feet and sores on his back and his blood was shed to wash away our sins.
So today, July 1st, 2010.... my amazing 3 yr old son and wonderful 4 yr old daughter accepted Jesus KNOWING what they were doing and what it means.... and this mama couldn't be more proud.
Thursday, July 1, 2010
"I made Jesus my boss"
Posted by Jenn at 9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
There's nothing better than knowing that your children know and love Him! Jaz and Isaac are such amazing little beings, and they have you to thank for that.
Post a Comment