***Yes, this post is almost a month late. It's just been a bit crazy round these parts!***
It's so hard to believe my baby girl is 6! It seems like yesterday I was still pregnant with her. That was the year the Seattle Seahawks made it to the Superbowl. Our joke was that if I went into labor on Superbowl Sunday I was crossing my legs like crazy because there was a football game to watch! It was only a halfhearted joke because she wasn't even due until February 28th.I admit, we procrastinated with her. We both kept thinking we had plenty of time to get ready. We waited until the last month to schedule our birthing class AND to get baby stuff together. Well, January 31, 2006 my water broke. (Though I was not sure what had happened at first....) Next thing I know, doc says I have to head to the hospital. This would be without ever having a single class, without a car-seat, without a crib, without diapers, and with only a handful of blankets and outfits for the baby BOY I was about to have.
As soon as we checked into the hospital, my husband was on duty! He called his friend who had all the baby stuff we needed from their little boy and Jesse arranged to meet at the hospital. So there in the parking garage, the car was filled with what we would need for our baby boy. Lenny's sister Kim took it all back to the apartment and set everything up for us, INCLUDING washing clothes in Dreft!! :)
Twenty two hours after checking into the hospital, our baby GIRL was born. Yep, I said girl. And I had been saying boy. The ultrasound tech made a small error. Haha. Thankfully we had names prepared long before any ultrasound, so Jazmine already had a name. And my heart was overjoyed!! While we fell head over heels in love with our little girl, Kim was again in the background shopping like mad for all the PINK she could get her hands on, and even showed up at the hospital with a fully stocked diaper bag.
Six years later and we have the most amazing daughter ever. She is so smart, she loves with her whole heart, so wants to do everything and anything she can just for the experience, she has a faith in the Lord that inspires me, she has such a determination and stubbornness in whatever she does, her laugh comes from the very depths of her soul, and her smile lights up a room. You can't see her smile and not feel the joy radiating.
Truly we are so blessed with such an amazing daughter. Daily I am in awe that God saw fit to let us parent such an amazing gem!!
***oh, and as a sidenote, her first "public" appearance....yep, a Super Bowl party on February 5th 2005!***


1 comments:
What a story. Jazmine, you are such a gift to your parents. And your smile never fails to make me smile. I'm so grateful I am friends with your mom because it means I get to see you grow up.
So Jen, did you question Issac's gender like crazy??? Haha.
Erin
Post a Comment