I adore my children. <3 Don't get me wrong...they drive me just as batty as any toddler has ever driven a mother...but they have such good HEARTS!
A few things that have been part of their lives since forever has been that God made everyone perfect just the way they are. No matter how they look or sound, they are perfect because He made them. Another thing is remembering that there are children out there (they get more riled up about the children than the adults...they understand it more) with no food, no toys, no clothes, no mommies and daddies to love them. But my children LOVE these other children. They pray for them at night (although Jaz doesn't completely understand the lack of food one...so she prays for grocery stores that are full of food that these hungry children can go to) and they willingly give to them. They pray for the "right mommy and daddy" for the parent-less children (Jaz came up with that on her own...We were praying for these children to get families to love them and Jaz told me "Mommy, it has to the the "right" family.) As soon as a piece of clothing doesn't fit....they will say lets give it to a child who needs clothes. When they dont' eat all their dinner, they want to give it away.
Another thing I have done forever is that every time they get new toys/gifts they give something away. And it's not a "bad" thing....they LOVE it! They lovingly go through each toy deciding what ones other children will love to play with most. The children also just randomly bring me stuff for no reason and say "I want to give this to a kid with no toys". And I put it in the donation box.
Last night we went through their toys again. My wonderful children filled TWO diaper boxes with toys to give away. They were so excited they were racing around grabbing stuff. I love that. I love that they seem to "get it". They bring tears to my eyes and give me goosebumps with the love they have for everyone. And if it is the ONLY thing I manage to teach them...I will continue to teach them to LOVE LOVE LOVE others!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
My Love-Filled Little People!!
Posted by Jenn at 6:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment