Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Trimming the Tree

This year we have our mini-tree. I was determined to NOT put it up, and to get a "real" tree....but LIFE had other plans for us, as it so often does. So I got the tree out, put garland on it, and picked through all my ornaments to choose ones that we could put on this tree. Then I let the kids get to work. The light in their eyes, the excitement about it, the "ooohhhh" and "aaahhh".....warms my heart just thinking about it. :) Children accept and are happy with what ever we are happy with. So though the original thought of putting up our mini-fake-tree broke my heart and made me want to cry, the children's joy and excitement about it had me telling my husband last night I don't want a different tree this year. My kids love it, then I love it. :) ..... oh, and added sidenote... I "fixed" the ornaments all clustered together when they weren't looking... LOL


2 comments:

We 5 Peas said...

What a pretty tree, and what diligent, quite adorable, little helpers you have!

ericarussell said...

You are very wise Jenn. We should all learn to be a little happier with what we have. Your children are amazing.