Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bit of Writing

I am a *bad* Mommy. I haven't thought to work with Jazmine on WRITING her letters. I just never thought about it. We work on what sounds letters make. I can say certain words and she can tell me what letter they start with. And we add. We add and add all day long. She can add up to 3 numbers at a time now as long as each individual number is 5 or less. But writing never crossed my mind. :(

Well, the other day I was working on her birthday invitation on the computer and had it still up on the screen while I was washing dishes. Her and Isaac were coloring at the table when she says to me "Mommy, this doesn't look right, can you help?" I look to see what she was talking about and she had written this on her own.....




So after seeing that, I wrote her name down for her to copy, and this is what she did. And as far as I know....these were her first two attempts ever. She makes me so happy and constantly amazes me.

0 comments: