Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving update

This year Thanksgiving was eventful!  We were hosting it at our place and couldn't of been more excited!  The kids were even counting down the number of  sleeps until everyone got here.  :)  We had 16 people all weekend long, plus an additional 6 for Thanksgiving meal!  Blessed we are!  <3

Thursday morning started out like a regular Thanksgiving with lots to do in the kitchen.  Until Mama threw a kink in it.  I hit my hand on a plastic bag that had broken glass in it.  Blood instantly went everywhere.  It looked like something from a horror film on the floors.  The second I looked at it I KNEW it was off to the hospital we were to go.  (And that is saying a lot....I pretty much have to be on my death bed to go to the doc, especially the ER.) Needless to say, food still needed to happen, and our wonderful family and friends stepped right up!  Taking care of the kids and continuing to cook the meal.  The OCD/Manager/Planner in me still had to call the house every 30 mins to delegate more things and check on how everything was going, but hey.....old habits die hard.  ;)

The meal was fabulous, the company was great, and the kids were HAPPY.  :)   On Friday, the weather was fantastic, so we all headed to the park.  I took a couple pictures of Kim and all the kids to hopefully get them a good shot for their Christmas cards, and also took some of the kids.  They weren't into cooperating...LOL  This was the best pic I could get.  :)


Here are some other fun pics from our time at the park!  Enjoy!












0 comments: