On Christmas Eve, Kim and Sam brought all the kids over which was a really nice surprise since we haven't seen them in forever. Jaz and Isaac loved having more kids around. Later, after Jaz and Isaac went to sleep, I finished wrapping the last couple presents and then Lenny and I put Jazmine's big wheel together. That and Isaac's Fire Truck sat in front of the tree with bows on them.
Christmas Morning, once the kids woke up I let Jazmine watch TV until she realized how much stuff was in the dining room (where the tree is) and she saw their big toys. Then we woke daddy up and started with the presents. Of course Isaac was most fascinated with the paper at first, but he rapidly gained interest in the new toys. Jazmine, at first, was almost overwhelmed. But after a couple minutes she caught on. She did a great job tearing into the paper once we started it for her. And when we would hand her something we would tell her "It's a present for you". So all day she would grab her new toys and say "present for you". It was very cute!
All in all, it was a good holiday. The kids had fun playing with their new toys all day, I had a chance to get rid of old toys, and everyone got to relax. And of course the Prime Rib was to die for!
After dinner, Lenny and the kids took a bath so the could play with the new tub toys! :) But as I was getting Isaac dressed I noticed he felt awful warm. Lenny thought maybe the bath was too warm so I just watched him for a little bit. (Although all day he was sleepy - he took way more naps than usual.) After awhile I took his temp and he had a fever, so out came the tylenol. All the rest of the night he was restless, and I had to keep giving him tylenol all night because the fever wouldn't stay away. Poor baby - first time sick.... He wouldn't stay asleep unless I was holding him. He woke up every time I put him down. This AM he still has his fever, and is super sleepy, but no where near as fussy as he was overnight.
After everyone was asleep, I had time to think and reflect. I was pretty sentimental all day. I think part of it was because I am amazed at how completely my life is all about my children. Secondly, I am pretty sure I am done having children, so this was my last "Baby's First Christmas". This was definately a Christmas I will remember because of the children. And I look forward to posting the pictures of it as soon as I get a chance to upload them!
I hope everyone else had a Merry Christmas and didn't take a moment of the time with family and loved ones for granted.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Our Christmas...
Posted by Jenn at 1:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment