Sunday, February 10, 2008

Crazy couple weeks...

We are here. Salem Oregon. We really like it so far, although the road to get here was crazy.

We started in Ellensburg picking up the UHaul so we could get our storage stuff from there. It was a whopping 12 degrees while we were loading up the truck! We ended up having more stuff than we realized, so once we got back to Bellevue I had to reorganize the back of the truck and get rid of stuff. Saturday AM, we started loading all the rest of our stuff. With some creative packing we got it all in. However, I don't thing we could of gotten literally one more thing in the back of that truck. I have never seen a UHaul that full! :) Anyway, we finally hit the road about 11AM. It was pouring down rain, with areas of snow, so it was definately a long drive. By the time we finally got down here, we were exhausted and didn't feel like unloading the truck. So we got a hotel for the night and unloaded at the new apartment on Sunday. Lenny was super sick. Oh, and it was snowing. It was slow going trying to watch the kids, plus the snow and the slippery sidewalk, and him being sick. So when a couple neighbor kids came along, we offered to pay them to help unload. The two teenage boys honestly had our truck unloaded in 20 more minutes. Each of them were bringing me 3 and 4 boxes at a time. And they were moving so fast I couldn't even move the boxes to the correct room, I just had to push them out of the doorway. It was totally unorganized when they were done (which of course was hard for me to deal with...) but it was the best $60 I have ever spent!

The next few days we spent being sick. Lenny had his cold, and the kids and I caught the flu. not very fun! So the only things unpacked were blankets and towels. Once we started feeling better I got some unpacking done. Then came Jazzie's birthday!

The day of her birthday we just spent the day together, then Lenny went to play some poker while I tried to get the apartment ready for company. Doris, my mom, and Kim, Sam and the kids all made it down on Saturday for a small little birthday get together. It was nice. And I can't believe my baby is TWO!!!! The rest of the next week Doris stayed with us, then yesterday she headed down to California.

Lenny got sent out by the Union last week, and the kids are starting to feel better, so once I get past this awful cold and get my voice back, I think we will be back on track!!

I have a ton of pictures of the kids, and from Jazzie's birthday, so I will get them posted in a few days! I will also be able to start updating more again.

0 comments: