Christmas was kind of crazy this year. We were out of power most of the week because of the ice and snow. (Tree's collapsing everywhere.) The first two days we stayed at home, but once we could see our breath in the house, we decided to call our friends Mindy and Adrian and see if we could crash there. If there were no children involved, I am sure Lenny and I would of toughed it out. But I had to think of those precious ones.
Since it appeared there was no end in sight to the no power situation (since the number of people without was going up and not down) Lenny and I went home on Christmas Eve to set up presents while it was still light out. Our plan was to get up Christmas Day and bring the kids to the house for presents then go back to Mindy's. However, thankfully power came back on Wednesday night. Since we really wanted to be at home for Christmas, we just went home and let the children do presents a day early, being as everything was set out and we couldn't hide it all again. Opening the front door for them to walk in was a little different than the vision I had in my mind of them running down the hallway after they woke up, but it'll make a good story, and at least everyone was happy and we got our power!
A couple favorite gifts were bicycles, a tent, a doctor kit, Elmo, and Wubbzy. Here are a few pics. (Some of them are Christmas Day playing with things since Christmas Eve opening was kind of crazy so I didn't get good pics.)
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Christmas pics
Posted by Jenn at 8:17 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How fun!! Can Maddy and I come play at your place? Hehe! It looks like Christmas turned out great for you guys!
Aww! They look so cute on their bikes! Totally adorable!
Now that tent looks like a lot of fun!! I'm glad Christmas turned out good for you guys, the kids look very happy! :)
Post a Comment