Sunday, December 7, 2008

Quick Update


I know I have been slacking terribly on the blog updates. Sorry. It seems like there is never enough time in a day most days.

The children are amazing me daily. Jazmine is turning into such a perfectionist and there is no middle ground with her when she needs something a certain way. And her new thing when you tell her to do something is "In just a minute mommy, I am doing this." We have also been working on "reading", though I know it's really memorization at this point. But she is up to 15 words she can tell you on sight what they say. Her absolute favorite thing to do is "play with her words". I actually heard about a great home schooling reading program that I am trying to find and buy. She loves books and reading so much!!

Isaac is amazing, too. The words and phrases he says always surprise me. You would never guess he is only 18 months by listening to him talk. His current favorite phrases are "I'm coming" "I got it" and my fav..."Love you more". He has a laugh that he laughs all the way to the tips of his toes. You can not hear him laugh and not have it make you smile and giggle yourself. This last week he has been testing me, though, with a head start of the "Terrible Two's". He started hitting, biting, throwing things, and even flips over the coffee table and knocks over the highchairs when he is in the middle of not getting what he wants. Time out and even spankings have been a part of his daily routine this week, more so than ever before. I sure hope this passes soon!

I promise to do a better job of keeping up to date!! Also, here is my new fav pic of the children...

3 comments:

Erin and Patrick said...

Oh Jenn, the kids are gorgeous. I completely agree with you on the terrible twos though. That's when Patricks really began too. And now his favorite word is NO!

I always knew Jazzie would be as stubborn as you and as much as a perfectionist. And that is a compliment.

Erin and Patrick said...

Oh Jenn, the kids are gorgeous. I completely agree with you on the terrible twos though. That's when Patricks really began too. And now his favorite word is NO!

I always knew Jazzie would be as stubborn as you and as much as a perfectionist. And that is a compliment.

Cara said...

I love them!! Jazzie and Isaac are 2 of the most beautiful kids I have ever seen!! And so happy!! And from what I am reading, very normal too - especially those terrible two's!!♠