Isaac is going through this phase, where his sippy cups of milk/juice/water hardly get drank any more. He thinks it is much more fun to put some in his mouth, and let it dribble down his face onto his shirt, belly, floor, whatever the case may be. IT DRIVES ME NUTS!!!!! For starters, it is a waste! That juice or milk was perfectly good, and we don't need to be spending money on food that gets wasted when children starve and are thirsty. Seriously, wasted food/beverages are a HUGE hot button with me. Anyway....on top of that, the MESS! I can clean and clean the carpet, but I feel like I can never truly get the milk or juice out. Just yesterday alone he did it with 3 (THREE) sippy cups. One of juice, and two of milk. By the third cup, I had completely lost my patience. I yelled. And yelled. And I may of yelled again one more time. (*insert embarrassed face here....but I am only human...*)
Isaac of course started crying. "Mommy you yelled at me." (Secretly this broke my heart, but I was mad....so I didn't let him know.) I told him if he wouldn't listen, maybe I wouldn't get so mad, and then when he started grabbing and pulling at me to get up, I told him "No, not right now. Mommy is mad. Stay in your room and leave mommy alone for a minute."
About 2 mins later, double trouble BOTH come walking out. Jazmine telling me I hurt her brothers feelings, and Isaac wanting more milk! (UGH!!!!) I told him no milk, I was still mad, and please go back to the room. He started to walk down the hall, then stopped and came back.
He then proceeds to tell me one of his and his sisters fabulously not-funny, but you can't help but laugh because they think they are so funny, knock knock jokes. I tried very very hard to keep a straight face when he busted up laughing at the end of the joke thinking he was hilarious and his joke would win mommy over from her mad. When I didn't laugh, he looked right at me with those big brown eyes and said with a very serious face.....
"Hey, LAUGH! That was a joke, you 'possed to laugh!"
Needless to say, THAT broke right through the mad. I started laughing and gave him a big huge hug. :)
Monday, October 26, 2009
Hey, Laugh, that was a joke.....
Posted by Jenn at 7:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awww!! What a sweetie. I don't blame you for caving and laughing. I bet your heart melted!
How could you not laugh? SO sweet...
Post a Comment