Thursday, October 15, 2009

The things they say.....

The things that come out of children's mouths just crack me up!!! Here are some recent favs.....

As we all know, Jaz is obsessed with foreign languages, her favorite being Spanish because Mommy knows and can help her. But whenever I don't know, she says "Well, I guess I better call Tia. SHE'LL know how to say it mommy!" Anyway, she is pretty entertained with Chinese right now, as KaiLan is a current fav cartoon. Yesterday she was telling me all her Chinese she knew (I was shocked....LOL) then she says..."Buddy isn't a true big boy yet, so he doesn't know how to speak in Chinese like I do, but he will be able to when he turns 3. Then he'll be as good as I am." HUH??? LOL

Isaac (we are struggling with his obsession to pee everywhere BUT the potty right now) says "Where is Grandma's brush? I want to pee in it. But Shhh....you can't tell her, it's a surprise!" Um, yep, pretty sure Grandma would be surprised!!

I had been trying to get the kids to clean their room for way too long, and they were just SOOOO slow! Anyway, Jazmine comes out wanting to play a game. I asked if her room was clean, (being able to see clearly down the hall that it was NOT) and that if her room was clean then we could play a game, color, or whatever she wanted. She looks at me and says "Yes, it's clean. But you can't look." Like I said, I knew it wasn't clean, so we talked about lying for a quick second, I reminded her it was smarter to tell me the truth because I'd be LESS mad that way, and asked again if it was clean. Again, she said yes. So I told her how disappointed I was that she was continuing to not tell the truth about her room being clean, because I could see it wasn't. She says as adamantly as possible...."I wasn't LYING mommy, I was PRETENDING my room was clean! That's not lying." *sigh* How do you not laugh after that? ;)

1 comments:

Brandi Bailey said...

Hahah, you have two clever little rascals!