Practically every day the children say something that just either melts my heart, or literally has me laughing out loud. I try to find ways to remember them later....like I might post them as facebook status updates or call a grandparent to share with them. But I want to get better at actually recording my "favs". So I thought I'd do a better job of doing that here on the blog.
A couple of my favs from yesterday and today......
~Kids were riding around in the "car cart" at Safeway while I was shopping.... and they changed their names to "Honk Honk" and "Fonk Fonk" for the entire time we were in the store. That is what they called themselves, and if I wanted them to answer me, that is what I had to call them.
~Walking across the parking lot at WalMart, Jazmine asked me what we were getting inside the store. I jokingly asked her if she wanted to trade Isaac in for a new model since he was driving her crazy. She says "No, I love my Buddy". I said, well then how about we just get you ANOTHER brother so you have TWO brothers! She said "Mommy, that would drive me crazy. I could never handle TWO brothers, when there is only one of me!"
~Eavesdropping on the children yesterday, I heard Jazmine tell Isaac that "Mommy says all our dreams can come true so keep dreaming. She also says we can be whatever we want to be when we grow up."
~I woke up before the sun came up today and had the living room light on. By the time Isaac woke up and came downstairs, it was light out, but I had forgetten to turn the lamp off. First thing he says to me this morning is "Mommy, I'm turning this light off. You're wasting 'lectricity." Then later he had to tell on his sister... "Mommy, sissy isn't eating her food. That's wasting food and there are starving children."
I LOVE LOVE LOVE these kids!! They are kind, sensitive, smart, and HILARIOUS! :)
Thursday, May 27, 2010
From the mouths of babes... :)
Posted by Jenn at 2:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
oh my gosh...i love the quotes that you wrote of what your children said...i absolutely the sayings of little children!
Post a Comment