Monday, May 12, 2008

Mothers Day

Yesterday was my third Mothers Day with Jazmine and my first with Isaac. It was a good day. We went to church in the morning. Jazmine loves going every week. And she does so good there. I watch her play and interact and she is so well behaved that I am so very proud of her. And her interaction there and at the playground is helping her to be a little more social just in general. Isaac stayed with me through the music (he LOVES music) then when he started getting restless I took him to the nursery. This was his second time there. Last week he lasted 10 minutes. This week, however, I kept watching the screen because I was sure they would page me but they never did. When I went to pick him up he was asleep on one of the volunteers shoulders. I guess he wasn't happy, but he never hit the 5 solid minutes of crying required to page a parent. The volunteer he was with was a younger male (mid 20's, maybe) and is the first male not daddy to be able to calm him down. I was impressed. He said he'd even help with Isaac next week. :)

Once we got home it was all about relaxing with the kids. We colored, went for a walk and played outside, and that was about it! I would say it was nothing special, but all the time I get to spend with those wonderful children is special. So I will just say that we didn't do anything exciting, but it was a fabulous day!

0 comments: