Thursday, April 3, 2008

Already??????

I thought for some reason that the tender of age of 2 would still be a "safe zone". Free from the many ways that our children will use our words against us when they are older. But once again, Jazmine is, I believe, ahead of the curve.

She loves to steal her brothers bottle. She knows she isn't supposed to..so she is very devious about it. It is almost kind of humerous. We are using the fact that she is now a "Big Girl" to make things more exciting. And it really is working. That is how we got her off the bottle, how we have transitioned her into her new bed, even the basis for potty training.

Whenever she asks for a bottle, we tell her "You can get a big girl milk" and she gets all excited. When she steals Isaac's bottle we tell her "Buddy is a baby, and baby's get bottles. But remember, Jazmine is a big girl and gets a big girl milk." She loves it. However today, she thought she'd out smart me.
She stole Isaac's bottle and I said "Jazmine gets a big girl milk and Buddy gets the bottle because he is a baby." Jazmine then says to me..."Mama, Buddy is a big girl. Jazmine is a baby and gets the bottle. Buddy gets a big girl milk. Buddy is a big girl."

I couldn't help but laugh out loud at her. And of course I corrected her. But she kept arguing about it. Mostly because she thought it was funny and laughed every time.
Boy, do I have my hands full!!!!!!

1 comments:

Lace said...

Oh man, that is Sooo cute! Jazmine is such a character! Thanks for a good laugh.