Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nothing Exciting

It's not that I don't want to update anything here on the blog. But really there is not much to write about! The weather has been terrible. Actually, it snowed this weekend. And since then it has been raining all week. The kids and I are all going stir-crazy!!

We did have an appt the other day that a very dear old friend took the kids and I to. It was only the second time in almost 20 years that I had seen her and it was great!!! I really think that church and the daycare are helping to bring Jaz out of her "shyness". She was so full of personality and comments, that she practically had Julie and I in tears from laughter. And Isaac knows a gentle heart when he sees one. So it only took him about 2 seconds to warm up to her. They were really well behaved, too. And as for growth...well, I'll just say they are WAY ahead of "average" for their ages.

Jazmine's vocabulary and how well she is coming up with complete sentences amazes me daily. Although I think the funniest thing she does is when she gets in trouble. We can go days without a timeout, but there are days where it seems like she is always in timeout. On those days she hears it in my voice. All I have to do is say her name and she says "TIme out again, Mama??" Normally in that situation I'll tell her "No, no timeout, but next time you don't listen you will go in timeout." So she will say "I'll listen, Mama, I promise I'll listen." Awww...How can you NOT love that child?? :)

It seems like I always hear how the younger child will sometimes not develop a vocabulary as quickly because they have the older sibling, but Isaac LOVES to talk. Some of his current vocabulary includes "cracker, tickle, kitty, baba, clap, mama, dada, and sissy." And he UNDERSTANDS alot of stuff. I ask him if he wants to take a bath and he laughs and takes off running to the bathroom. I ask him if he want's to listen to music and he runs to the stereo and starts pushing buttons, and I tell him to dance and he starts getting his groove on. Cute as can be!!!

1 comments:

Braiden and his family said...

Awww! Isaac is so smart! Jazzie is such a good teacher!! Yeah for lots of words! Can Jazzie come teach Braiden a few things?!?